What to Bring
GraceWay is a home-like environment, so we encourage you to dress comfortably and casually. Clothing should not be overly revealing, and shoes should be comfortable for walks or outings. You will not need to pack clothes for your full stay, as there are washers and dryers available for regular use. Typically, 7-10 days of clothing is enough. Please attempt to keep belongings to 1 suitcase and 1 tote. Any additional luggage will not be accepted.
What to Bring:
- Clothing for seven-ten days; cannot be revealing or inappropriate (questionable apparel will be determined at the discretion of staff). Shirts must meet the waistband of pants. No exposed midriffs. Shirts should not show excessive cleavage.
- Sleep attire; robe
- Gym clothing
- Sports bras
- Tennis shoes (1 pair); slippers (1 pair); flip flops (1 pair); Dress shoes (1 pair)
- Comfortable lounge wear
- Bathing suit (1; during summer months)
- Plastic water bottle
- Hair products (hairspray, dry shampoo, etc)
- Hairbrush/hair accessories
- Makeup (can be used after 30-day period)
- Jewelry (inexpensive; can be worn after 30-day period)
- Cigarettes/lighters (unopened)
- Smokeless cigarettes/Vape Pens/Unopened vape juice. **Please see nicotine guidelines below
- Personal money ($200)
- Book of stamps, stationary, and envelopes are encouraged for writing to family (can write letters after first 30 days)
- Nail clippers/emery boards (and 1-2 bottles of polish).
- Photos of family (may be in a frame)
- Religious or devotional reading materials or AA materials
- Face wash
- Watch (will need to keep track of groups, schedule, etc.; no smart watches, such as apple watches or Fitbit)
- License or State ID; SS card (for work purposes when deemed appropriate); test results for TB and STD panel
- Approved medications must be in properly labeled bottles, and ones that you are currently prescribed and have been taking regularly, with a 3 month refill included. Please fill approved medications before your arrival.
- Admission fee and first month’s program fee
What To Leave at Home:
- Books (there are plenty here for your enjoyment)
- Clothing with the following terms: substance use words/symbols, sexually explicit
- Revealing clothing: tube tops, short shorts, tight dresses, etc.
- Opened liquid products (vape juices included)
- Food items
- Products containing alcohol
- Weapons or firearms
- OTC Medications including nighttime sleep aids are prohibited.
- Loose leaf tobacco, rolling papers, or oils
- Dietary supplements
- Aerosol cans
- Pocket knives/weapons
Items provided by GraceWay for your convenience:
- Closet or drawer space for clothing
- Washer and dryer
- Community television
- Telephone access (after 30 days). Cell phones are maintained with other locked valuables and available for accessing phone numbers only upon admission.
- Shampoo/conditioner/body wash/soap/deodorant/Loofah/Lotion/Face Wash
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- All food items
- Feminine products
- Alarm clock
- 12-Step Books
Only approved vapes are accepted and must meet the following criteria:
~Vapes can only contain nicotine. No THC or CBD vapes will be meet approval
~Vapes must be unopened and in original packaging and not have been tampered with
~Vapes must be disposable and discarded once empty, such as Vuse. No refillable vapes or vape juices are allowed
~Staff must look over and approve vapes at intake
~Unapproved vapes, those not meeting the criteria or appearing to have been tampered with, will be discarded
Directions to GraceWay by plane:
Take a flight into the Atlanta airport, and then a connector flight directly into the Albany airport. Our staff will be there waiting to pick you up and bring you to GraceWay.